Dolly Crafting: Twin Yokes

Written on January 16, 2012 at 9:18 am
Filed under: Crafting with tags: , , ,

I’m almost done with 2011 projects, promise! (There’ll be two more posts about 2011 projects after this one.)

These two sweaters are made from the same McCall’s pattern packet as the hooded cardigan from yesterday’s post. This one is Sweater B.

The yarns used are primarily yarns from a Japanese store (in other words, I cannot read the labels very well). The yarn content is 80% acrylic, 20% mohair in both the blue, pink and grey. The white yarn was 70% acrylic and 30% wool. All are sock-weight yarns. They were knit on 3mm (2½ US) needles.

Read the rest of this entry »

Blythe Blue Sweater

Written on December 6, 2009 at 12:37 am
Filed under: Crafting with tags: , ,

This sweater was done in Patons Purple Heather 100% wool. There was no colour name, all the label has is the dye lot and the day it was made: 26/11/1973. The yarn was from the stash that my mom had given me when I started knitting.

I made up the pattern as I went along, I changed the way I did the arm holes from the grey sweater dress, these ones more resemble button holes.

Model: Sophie



Blythe Sweater Dress

Written on December 6, 2009 at 12:35 am
Filed under: Crafting with tags: , ,

This sweater dress was done in sock-weight 100% acrylic yarn… I lost the label so I don’t know what brand it is (yet I somehow remember the fiber, whoot).

This was my first time attempting to do arm holes, and they will never be doing it this way again (I basically left holes large enough for her entire arm to go through).

Model: Belarus



Sweater – Progress Part 2 & Completion!

Written on July 11, 2009 at 2:51 pm
Filed under: Crafting with tags: , , ,

I showed you my first progress photo in my last entry (Sweater Progress – Part 1). Here is Part 2 & the completed Blythe sweater!

I used size 2 needles, grey acrylic yarn and the Sleeves a Go Go Sweater pattern.

Here is all the completed pieces (1 front, 2 sleeves, 2 back halves). This is from this morning at around 2am.


All the pieces sewn together and flipped back the right way. The ends are from the back pieces (I haven’t sewn in metal snaps yet in the back):


And then here’s the completed (sans snaps) sweater on Sophie, my Blythe doll. Her hat is crocheted in worsted weight cream wool that has small light brown and light grey flecks in it.


Sweater Progress – Part 1

Written on July 10, 2009 at 9:42 pm
Filed under: Crafting with tags: , ,

I’ve been working on my first sweater*. I’m using the pattern called Sleeves a Go Go Sweater. So far it’s going well, I got the entire front of the sweater and most of one sleeve done yesterday. I just finished the second sleeve and decided to take a progress photo. The Staedtler pen is there to show the relative size of the sweater. It’s done on size 2 needles – the smallest needles I’ve worked with so far! I should get it done by tomorrow and then I’ll get it onto my Blythe doll, Sophie. She needs a wardrobe change soon.